Thursday, January 10, 2013

Waking up late

Never give up. Have you ever woken up at a time that was substantially later than you had originally planned to? Guess what! That happened to me today! One of the things that has gotten to me in the past is to mentally give up on the day if it doesn't start the way I want. How bad would it be to do that as your first action of the day? I still have the rest of the 12 to 16 hours that I am awake during the day. Clearly it's not very effective to give up before doing your best for 12 to 16 hours. That's quite a lot of time to make up for 30 minutes 60 minutes however many minutes that you don't follow through with the commitment.

This idea can relate to a lot of other areas of life because sometimes I have become so focused on one thing going perfectly that i check out of the rest of my life when i mess up. The biggest problem is Missing out on all the other things my life has to offer!

One quick insight before I close:
Love yourself where you are. I admittedly messed up today. Instead of getting up at 730 am, I got up at 10am. This post is a result of that; it is at 1140 pm, not 8 or 9 am! But I didn't give up. I will be finishing my post and my daily reading before bed. I accept that I'm not regularly waking up yet. But I know with persistence I will make it happen. I can only be thankful for being here now and make the decision to make tomorrow the best day ever!

Let's do it. Next post in about 9 hrs. Whoot! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment