Monday, January 7, 2013

Good morning

This post will perhaps be this shortest post I've ever done. I just wrote for 15 minutes on my iPhone and is then accidentally selected the whole thing and deleted it. Unfortunately I do not see an undo button. So here we go!

Essentially, the post was about my walk this morning. Originally I had planned to go on a run but my ankle started hurting and I ended up only being a will to go for a walk. I passed a number of people that were going to UC Davis for their early-morning class this quarter. Instead of simply walking by them as I am accustomed to, I decided to wave and smile to a couple people and wish people good morning.

It's always amazing how awkward it feels to go out of your way in talk to somebody that you don't know if only to say hi or wish them good morning or even offer a smile. It's even more interesting when you see the responses from those people who are completely shocked and confused that anybody would smile, wave, or say anything to them in the morning.

I definitely plan to make this a habit because... I don't see why not! I also finished reading some more of the New Testament in Luke chapter 8 today. One of the things that Jesus is such a great example of is loving people and reaching out to them all the time. The most important thing to remember about Jesus is how much he was rejected or disapproved of by people out there. However, that did not deter him from continuing to reach out and offer love, peace, and acceptance to everyone he met. In the parable of the Sower he mentioned how some times the message just falls on people who are prepared for it or don't want it. Those people should not deter you and hopefully don't deter myself from containing to reach out and offer a simple smile or good morning to the people who do want it. You never know who your enemy on a regular basis and I'm so excited that I went out of my way on this day to do that.

I'm fired up. My first school day preparation has gone very well. Waking up at 7 AM is very positive. And I look forward to writing some more tomorrow.

- P.S. writing talk to text is really cool!

1 comment:

  1. Ha, that's the life of a missionary! We would get the best looks from people who were surprised/annoyed/shocked/confused when we said "Dobar dan!" ("good day!") to them out on the streets. It was one of my favorite parts of missionary work, at least when the reaction in response to our greeting was positive :)

    ReplyDelete