Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Productivity Spaces pt 2

A while back I wrote a post talking about productivity spaces and specifically designing different locations that you spend time for specific purposes. Today, I am reminded once again of that post. I woke up at a reasonable solid time in the morning, but for some reason had the brilliant idea to read in my bed lying down underneath the covers because it was cold. I'm not one of those people that wake up in the middle of the night and then cannot fall back asleep. So I bet you can imagine what ended up happening! I did end up reading some, but three pages in two hours is not a very good pace of reading! And it was not because I wasn't deeply pondering the hidden meanings behind the words. I told myself I was but I definitely was lying. Haha. I'll need to go back and look at that previous post about having a space to do specific tasks... And actually use that. Tomorrow I will do better.

Is ironic that within the last couple days I wrote an entry about one of the verses in the Bible that I really liked about loving those who love you does not profit you. For even sinners and publicans or whatever Jesus calls them do the same thing. The true mark of someone who has grown and developed themselves to work with people is that they get along with people no matter how those people act. I can't believe I literally read something about that yesterday morning. But putting that into practice is a lot harder than I remember it was. It's amazing how I blame other people for making me act a certain way. For I know that we as humans are unique because between stimulus and response there is a decision. We get to decide how we will respond to a given situation. But man! It is so much easier to blame somebody else for getting angry and yelling!

No comments:

Post a Comment