Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Oh life... :)

A friend of mine wrote on her blog how she doesn't know what decision to make from all the different stresses falling on her. "A vacation from her vacation." And wishes "that a lot of her decisions didn't affect so much of everything else!" I laughed reading it because I have recently felt the same thing! And the funniest thing was that I thought of a potential solution, but for some reason I couldn't think of a solution when I was trying to figure it out for my own life. Have you ever noticed that in your own life? That you can easily offer advice or suggestions to other people but couldn't advise yourself the same way? 

I can see why my mentor Carlo Cipollina doesn't actually answer most of my questions anymore. He knows that if he literally just asked me the same question I ask him that more often than not I can answer it myself! It's just one of those weird things I guess... 

But now for the actual advice that I need to apply for my own life that I could only think of when trying to help her. Don't take yourself so seriously. Recently, I've been overanalyzing myself, my actions, and my life to the max. It is getting kind of ridiculous. It's something I repeatedly struggle with, the idea of permanentness in decision making. There are very few things that are the end of the world or the end all be all. Just pick something and go with it for a while. See what happens. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment